This is the second in a two-course sequence that provides students with an introduction to skills and knowledge necessary to fulfill academic requirements for producing and evaluating postgraduate research and writing. Through the course, students gain exposure to major steps in designing, implementing and reporting research.
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
1. Demonstrate understanding of the academic rigour and standards expected of graduate students by producing and evaluating postgraduate research and writing;
2. Understand basic concepts in research;
3. Explain the main steps in conducting research;
4. Produce a preliminary version of chapter 3 for a possible M. A. thesis;
5. Display literacy in reading and evaluating research reports.
- Teacher: Wambui Wamunyu