This seminar will enable students to understand the foundational and current research trends in the theories and practices of the lifeblood of all organizations: communication. The course covers the nexus between theory and practice, enhances students’ critical thinking ability, develops their organizational diagnostic and analytical skills through the study of organizational processes and structures, enables them to carry out research on organizational communication and ultimately prescribes solutions to communication problems in organizations.
Purpose of the course
This is a survey course designed to expose graduate students to organizational communication theory in practice. This course emphasizes the applied nature of organizational communication using foundational and current research in the field. Throughout the semester, well also direct our attention to understanding relevant research designs and methodologies for studying communication in organizations.
This course unit is designed to equip students with advanced theoretical knowledge and skills to understand, explore and critically evaluate the relationship between the media and socio-cultural institutions from a stewardship perspective.
https://elearning.daystar.ac.ke/pluginfile.php/39976/course/summary/COM%20686-AUGUST%2C2020.docxPurpose: The purpose of the course is to give you basic theoretical and practical skills and strategies for monitoring and evaluation of development communication projects
Now more than ever, funding organizations seek more accountability for the funds they provide for development projects. Development organizations also understand they are more likely to receive future funding if they can deliver on their promise and show results. Today, employees with special skills in M& E are on demand. This course is designed to help you gain the knowledge and skills in the area of monitoring and evaluation. The course seeks to provides you with a hands-on experiential learning necessary to conduct a successful and effective project planning, monitoring and Evaluation
By the end of this course the leaner should be able to:
1. Demonstrate strategies for monitoring and evaluating development programs.
2. Comprehend the framework, rationale and basic concepts essential to planning, designing and conducting an evaluation of development communication projects.
3. Describe the various projects designs (conceptual, results and logic models).
4. Understand knowledge of historical contexts and critiques of monitoring and evaluation effortsWrite a project proposal for implementation
- Editing Teacher: Leah Komen
- Do you want to conduct teaching and learning that promotes thinking, rather than just memorization?
- Do you want to help students not only to know things that they did not want to know before, but also to become persons that they were not before?
- Are you tired of education that is driven by examination rather than transformation?
If YES is your answer to each of the questions above, then this is the course for you!
This course is designed to help you learn to teach in ways that your students begin to take ownership of their learning, and begin to reflect on their lives and career. It will change your teaching career as you learn how to teach for critical reflective thought and transformation. You will experience it first hand during the semester!