- Editing Teacher: Dinah Keino
- Editing Teacher: Paul Mbutu
- Editing Teacher: Jared Menecha
- Editing Teacher: Dr. Ayuya Muaka
- Editing Teacher: Joseph Munyao
- Editing Teacher: Martin Munyao
- Editing Teacher: Alice Muraguri
- Editing Teacher: Dr Lois Musikali
- Editing Teacher: Phyllis Mutua
- Editing Teacher: Rosemary Nyaole-Kowuor
- Editing Teacher: Dr Solomon Nzyuko
- Editing Teacher: Sylvia Tuikong
- Editing Teacher: Serah Wachira
The course aims at making the learner to acquire basic facts on the immune mechanisms that are involved in defending the human body against foreign substances. In addition, hypersensivity reactions; autoimmunity and Cytokines are covered.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners should be able to:
1. Define the terms immunity and immune system and list the immune cells, tissues and organs in a human body;
2. Describe the mechanisms of innate immunity in humans;
3. Draw well labeled diagrams showing cross sections representing spleen and lymph nodes;
4. Describe the origin, features and functions of all the immune-competent cells in humans;
5. Discuss the immunoglobulins in relation to their structure, functions and role in cell mediated and humoral immunities;
6. Describe different types of cytokines and explain their application in medical research.
7. Discuss the types of hypersensitivity reactions and outline their distinctive features.
8. Discuss autoimmune disorders, their pathology and treatments.
- Editing Teacher: Dr Geoffrey Kinuthia
This is a demo course on how to use Moodle. The description of the course goes here
Welcome to the E-learning Training Course.
Here you will find training on all educational technologies being used for e-learning.