The goal of this course is to prepare students for graduate studies and for writing academic publications that require a significant amount of independent research. Significant emphasis will be placed on the Christian imperative for academic integrity and the importance of doing the honest work of academic research and writing.
Topics include: Types of information sources, evaluation of information sources, searching smart skills, citation and reference management tools and plagiarism checker tools
At the end of this course students should:
1. Demonstrate an internalization of the Christian imperative for academic integrity and writing one’s own ideas
2. Demonstrate student’s familiarity with searching for publication resources in the library and on the internet
3. Respects writing conventions, especially APA format
4. Demonstrates good use of evidence and citation
- Facilitator : Samuel Kungu