This course will provide an advanced introduction to the fundamental skills, processes, principles,
techniques, and theories of psychotherapy. It will review a variety of concepts/theories, interviewing
skills, intervention techniques, empirical literature, clinical applications, and ethical issues that
contribute to understanding of how to conduct counseling.
The course will enable the student to:
1. Become familiar with the complex process, multiple phases, and various types of counseling.
2. Acquire crucial knowledge of counseling.
3. Apply the knowledge gained to his/her daily activities and requirements.
4. To be able to apply the skills of counseling as a counselor.
5. Knowledge and right attitudes of how to handle a client.
- Editing Teacher: Alice Mutua