Purpose of the Course
The purpose of this course is to expand students’ knowledge of investment analysis and portfolio management.
At the end of the course the student should be able to;
1. demonstrate understanding of the portfolio theory.
2. identify the many avenues of investment available in the country.
3. demonstrate understanding of the concept of risk and return and how it affects investment decisions.
4. discuss the role and functions of the Kenyan money and capital markets.
5. describe the role played by regulatory bodies regulating market players e.g. CMA and RBA .
6. critically evaluate the significance of investment management theories
7. apply investment management theories to real investment market scenarios and academic writing.
8. construct an investment portfolio.
9. demonstrate understanding of the concept of derivatives i.e. futures, options and warrants.