To develop students understanding of the use of accounting information for decision making purposes.
At the end of the course students should be able to;
1. Prepare management accounting statements for internal decision making.
2. Estimate costs using quantitative techniques.
3. Allocate costs using traditional methods and activity based costing.
4. Analyze and make non- routine decisions.
5. Apply the concept of breakeven analysis.
6. Prepare simple budgets and appreciate their advantages and limitations.
7. Apply non-accounting measures of performance.