Purpose of the Course
The purpose of the course is to equip students with basic knowledge of microeconomics. By so doing it will help the students comprehend the principles essential for understanding the central economic problem, the market system and specific microeconomic issues. It is hoped that the students will be able to understand and appreciate the importance of the various economic activities in the economy. This will enable them to actively play a practical role in economic activities in their community. Ultimately, the course aims to promote a lasting student interest in economics and the economy.
At the end of the course, the student should be able to,
1. Understand the basic principles of economics.
2. Understand terminologies and meaning of key concepts as used in economics.
3. Appreciate the relevance and importance of economics as a discipline.
4. Understand the economic environment in which businesses, governments and public organizations operate.
5. Relate knowledge of Economics to other disciplines involving economic growth and development of a country.
6. Explore ways in which he or she can contribute to the growth and development of society.
- Editing Teacher: Charles Katua