The aim of this course is to provide the learner with broad knowledge on helminthes of medical importance and skills required for their classification.Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course the learner will be able to:
1. classify and give the general characteristics of helminthes;
2. apply different techniques in recovering and identifying eggs and cysts of helminthes from fecal specimen;
4. discuss the modes of transmission of helminthes;
5. describe the life cycles of various helminthes of medical importance;
6. outline the epidemiology, diagnosis, treatment and control of helminthic diseases;
7. Discuss immunity to helminthes infections and their economic importance.