The course is designed to raise an understanding and awareness about environmental issues from a scientific point of view and to survey the effects of human activities on the environment. The solutions adopted to solving environmental problems globally are also covered.
- Describe the basic facts on the environment and ecosystems;
- Discuss the historical background of environmental education;
- Outline the root causes of environmental problems;
- Discuss the importance of environmental sustainability;
- Relate environmental pollution to global warming and climate change;
- Describe the health risks associated with pesticides, solid wastes and how these can be managed;
- Discuss the importance of environmental conservation and the challenges encountered.
- Editing Teacher: Dr Geoffrey Kinuthia