Purpose: This course is designed to provide the basic facts on the structure, lifecycle, transmission, diagnosis, pathology and control of HIV and AIDS in humans.
1. Describe the structural features of HIV and relate to its lifecycle;
2. Discuss the progression of AIDS and its pathogenesis in humans;
3. Describe the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of HIV and AIDS;
4. Relate the helper T cells population to the progression of AIDS disease;
5. Discuss the immunological principle underlying a HIV test;
6. Make an overview of the trend in HIV and AIDS research.
- Editing Teacher: Dr Geoffrey Kinuthia