The course is intended to examine how solid wastes are managed including generation, collection, disposal, reusing, and recycling.
By the end of the course, the learners should be able to: -
1. Define the term solid wastes and discuss the various categories of MSWs;
2. Describe the generation of MSWs and the challenges encountered;
3. Characterize MSWs;
4. Describe the chemical and physical properties of MSWs;
5. Discuss the collection of MSWs in the cities and the challenges involved;
6. Explain the importance of composition of MSWs and challenges to human health;
7. Differentiate the different methods of MSWs disposal.
- Editing Teacher: Dr Geoffrey Kinuthia