To introduce the learners to the fundamentals and concepts related to urbanization and its relation to economic growth and development, thus enabling them to come up with pragmatic strategies of urban development and solutions to problems bedeviling urban areas in developing countries in today's world.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES:
By the end of the course, the learners should be able to;
1. Explain the various theories of urban development.
2. Identify the different factors influencing rural-urban migration.
3. Gain an understanding of various social problems unique to urban areas.
4. Highlight certain faith-based organizations intervention strategies in slums.
5. Describe strategies for assistance of the most vulnerable sections of society.
- Editing Teacher: Dan Arwa