The aim of this course is to introduce learners to basic computer applications features and their applicability in the office or home use. It focuses on both desktop installed applications and web-based applications. The course equips students with skills that they require to make use of computers effectively in their academic life and create academic reports that meet desired levels of professionalism.
By the end of this course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain the features and benefits of desktop applications and online applications and the factors that determine the choice of each.
- Explain the reasons for choosing proprietary applications or freeware in both online and offline environments.
- Create basic documents, worksheets, presentations and databases.
- Apply learnt skills in a business environment for varying adaptive needs.
- Editing Teacher: Solomon Mburu