This course is intended to introduce students to the Old Testament in order to equip them with knowledge on the relationship between God and Israel as the foundation for development of a godly worldview, values, attitudes and character necessary for the transformation of their lives and society. It helps the students organize their identity, relationships, career choices and professional development in order to take their rightful position as professional-stewards in God’s world.
Expected Learning Outcomes:
By the end of this course, the learner will be able to: -
- Outline in sketch diagram the major development of Israel’s history from Genesis to Malachi and its importance in God’s restoration program.
- Determine the character of God from His relationship with Israel and the best response to Him.
- Analyze the various divisions and selected books of the Old Testament relating their themes and message to the entire message of the Old Testament.
- Discuss the contribution of selected Bible characters and the lessons that he/she can draw from their lives and ministry.
- Work out personal self-reflection and self-evaluation in view to God’s purpose for his/her life and his/her contribution in the world aligning his/her life goals, motivations, decisions, career choices, university choice, and service to the world with what God is doing in the world.
- Address contemporary issues and challenges in his/her context informed by the knowledge acquired in the study of the Old Testament.