1. Purpose of the course
The purpose of this course is to investigate the international political challenge of cultural conflicts of the New World Order including the clash of civilizations, violence between ethnic groups, religious communities, and clans in countries across the globe and to evolve practical steps of resolving such conflicts.
2. Course objectives
At the end of the course students will be able to:
- Explain the concept of identity-based conflicts in the context of both developing and First Worlds.
- Explore theories of identity based conflict.
- Assess conflict management mechanisms applied in identity-based conflict
- Assess the impact of identity-based conflict on national and international security
- Analyze identity-based conflict case studies