The purpose of the course is to equip the student with knowledge to enhance their understanding of issues relating to trauma, PTSD and crisis intervention.
This will prepare the learner to apply the knowledge and skills gained to deal with those affected in the community.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
1. Explain the causes and symptoms of trauma
2. Identify symptoms for PTSD and other stress disorders
3. Analyze various management and treatment strategies of trauma
4. Discuss the concepts, phases and techniques of crisis counseling
5. Apply Christian principles in dealing with trauma
- Editing Teacher: Lucy Kiathe