The purpose of this course is to provide students with knowledge of how Psychology came into being and its relationship to philosophy, science and African Traditional culture through a critical examination of the historical roots, systems and schools of Psychology.
Expected Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course, student should be able to:
1. Explain the importance of the history of psychology
2. Summarize his/her understanding of origins and development of Philosophy, science and psychology
3. Distinguish the diversity of psychologies, e.g. psychology of consciousness, psychology of unconscious, psychology of adaptation, etc.
4. Write on the trend of contemporary psychology in 10 years to come within the African context.
- Editing Teacher: Alice Mutua