Human Resources are the key to any organization, and the efficient and ethical management of these resources will impact an organization’s success. In this subject students will be introduced to the modern Strategic Human Resource Management framework. Topics covered include work design, human resource planning, recruitment & employee retention, managing performance, staff training and development, and workplace negotiation. After completing this subject, students will have a fir understanding of HRM procedures and be prepared for further studies in the HRM.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES:
By the end of the course, the learners should be able to:
- Outline the organizational role and context of Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Identify contemporary issues in managing human resources, and discuss their influence on organizations.
- Identify, describe and distinguish the key HRM functions and processes.
- Apply the Steps and Best Practices for a Recruiting Process.
- Distinguish Key Aspects of Orientation and Assimilation and Generate Ideas to Make these Processes Better at Your Organization
- Demonstrate an understanding on how HRM processes and functions contribute to organizational operations and planning.
- Editing Teacher: Dan Arwa