Course Description and Overview
COM 264 is an introduction to basic principles, terminologies and operations associated with television, radio and film. The aim of this course is to provide hands-on studio experience: to take a journey from demonstrations of the workings of the studio, through the technical and creative aspects of Broadcast production process.
The course is structured in such a way to encourage you to sharpen your critical thinking and creative production skills. You are encouraged to study assigned readings prior to each lesson to enable you participate capably in class.
II. Course Purpose
This course is aimed at enabling students to acquire basic theoretical and practical skills for handling and operating broadcast production equipment.
III. Course Objectives
At the end of the course the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of audio/video/film production process.
2. Operate the audio/visual equipment in various simple studio and outdoor productions.
3. Explain broadcast production terminologies and speak its language proficiently.
4. Demonstrate basic skills in the use of digital audio and video (Final Cut) editing software.
- Editing Teacher: Amugo Kadenge