Goals of the course:
The aim of this course is to introduce leaners to the fundamentals of software project management, systems analysis and the tools that support these activities. Students will be exposed to knowledge used in the selection and application of relevant methodological approach to the development of well-designed and documented systems.
At the end of this course the student should be able to:
By the end of this course, the student should be able to:
1. Describe the challenges of the software engineering discipline
2. Explain the different processes that are in the software development cycle
3. Describe the traditional software development methodologies and how users can make a choice of each
4. Explain the Unified Modeling Language (UML) as the industry standard of software definition language
5. Interact and evaluate computer aided software engineering tools
6. Discuss the different types and importance of testing
7. Develop complete, accurate and useful systems documentations.