The course is designed to equip student with knowledge, develop attitudes and skills to be able to apply the principles of immunology in nursing practice
By the end of the course the student will be able to:
1. Describe the cellular and molecular basis for immune responsiveness.
2. Differentiate types of immune mechanisms and how they function.
3. Describe the role of the immune system in both maintaining health and contributing to disease.
4. Relate vaccination to immunology.
5. Compare and contrast the different types of immune disorders and
6. Describe immune deficiencies of hypersensitivity states .
7. Apply principles of immunology to blood transfusion therapy.
8. Describe immune disorders and the management of patients.