This course is designed to give students a comprehensive view of communication, its scope and importance in business, and the role of communication in establishing a favorable outside the firm environment, as well as an effective internal communications program. The various types of business communication media are covered. This course also develops an awareness of the importance of succinct written expression to modern business communication. Many of the assignments are to be keyboarded. The course also helps students build the proficiency needed to succeed in today’s technologically enhanced workplace by focusing on the development of professional oral and written communication skills. Students will improve: memo, letter, email, writing and presentation skills and the ability to effectively participate in and chair meetings. Students will also develop skills in resume writing and study the strategies and techniques needed for success in interviews.
Expected Learning Outcomes
By the end of the course, the students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional business communication skills.
- Apply persuasive, verbal and non -verbal communication skills in solving business cases.
- Design and execute reports, official letters and minutes of meetings.
- Develop written communication skills in learning and business environment.
- Evaluate the relevance of effective forms of communication in today’s business world.
- Analyze the importance of effective use of visual and electronic communication in business.
- Editing Teacher: Dan Arwa